Grilled Halibut with Orange Remoulade
- 3/4 cup Mayonaise
- 2 tbsps Dijon Mustard
- 4 tbsps Fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp Dried tarragon or 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tsps Drained capers, chopped
- 2 Dilled gherkins, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Anchovy paste
- 1 tbsp Fresh chopped parsley
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 Halibut steaks, about 1 inch thick (about 2 lbs total)
- 1 tbsp CaliVirgin EVOO
- 1/2 tsp Salt
In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, orange juice, tarragon, capers, gherkins, anchovy paste, parsley, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
Light the grill or heat the broiler. Coat the halibut with the oil and season with the salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill or broil the fish for 3 minutes. Turn and cook until just done, about 4 minutes longer. Serve the fish with the orange rémoulade.
Fish Alternatives Serve grilled or broiled salmon steaks, salmon fillets, or skewered sea scallops with the remoulade in place of the halibut