Leek and Cabernet Franc Marinated Flank Steak
- 1 1/2 lbs Flank steak
- 2 tbsps CaliVirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup 2015 Cabernet Franc
- 2 Leek bulbs, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
In a large, heavy self-sealing plastic bag, combine the oil, Cabernet Franc, leeks, salt and pepper. Add the flank steak. Close the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or as long as overnight, turning the bag several times.
Heat a gas barbecue to medium-high, or prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal barbeque. Shake off the excess marinade from the steak and grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting into thin diagonal slices.
Inspired By: Christine Hanna