Strawberry and Arugula Salad with
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 ozs Goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 ozs Toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tbsps CaliVirgin balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp 1919 Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup CaliVirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drizzle of CaliVirgin Lemon Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drizzle sliced strawberries with about 2 tsp aged balsamic, and set aside.
2. Combine the 3 Tbs Aged Balsamic with the honey, Dijon mustard, shallots, and a pinch of salt. Set aside 10 minutes.
3. While whisking slowly add 3/4 cup Cali Virgin Olive Oil to the vinegar mixture.
4. Toss arugula with balsamic vinaigrette, place on platter and top with strawberries, goat cheese and almonds.
5. Add lemon grilled chicken if desired.
6. Season with Cali Virgin Lemon Olive Oil.