Strawberry and Arugula Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 cup Strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 ozs Goat cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 1/2 ozs Toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tbsps CaliVirgin balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp 1919 Honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup CaliVirgin Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Drizzle of CaliVirgin Lemon Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drizzle sliced strawberries with about 2 teaspoons of aged CaliVirgin Aged Balsamic Vinegar, and set aside.
2. Combine the 3 tablespoons of CaliVirgin Aged Balsamic with the honey, Dijon mustard, shallots, and a pinch of salt. Set aside 10 minutes.
3. While whisking slowly add 3/4 cup CaliVirgin Olive Oil to the vinegar mixture.
4. Toss arugula with CaliVirgin Balsamic Vinaigrette, place on platter and top with strawberries and almonds.
5. Add lemon grilled chicken and goat cheese, if desired.
6. Season with CaliVirgin Lemon Olive Oil.