Salmon Wellington Recipe
Salmon Wellington or Salmon en Croute, a gourmet dish with a festive touch. Take your dinner to the very next level, and pare with our New Release 2021 Pinot Noir Rosé.
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 551 kcal
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 ready-rolled puff pastry sheet
- 1 onion
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius (390 Fahreneheit).
- Peel and chop the onion, melt the butter in a pan, then sautee the onion until soft.
- Add the spinach, and stir well, until it wilts, season well with salt and pepper, and take off the heat.
- Leave to cool, then add the chopped dill, cream cheese, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Beat the egg lightly, then arrange the salmon fillets on the puff pastry sheet, brushing the egg around the edges.
- Top the salmon with the spinach sauce, wrap the puff pastry around the salmon fillets, brush with more egg on top, then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve hot or cold.